10/01/2015

UPDATING YOUR ROOM ON A BUDGET

Love From Lisa Updating your room on a budget
Love From Lisa Updating your room on a budget
Like many of you out there, the start of a brand new year makes me crave getting organised and starting afresh. I think one of the most important motivators is definitely having a tidy, relaxing environment to wind down in, sleep in, work in - or all three!

Towards the end of last year I decided I really wanted a room overhaul, but not having heaps of money going spare I've done it on a budget. These tips are also handy if you're heading back to uni & are after a few ways to personalise your standard room. It's so important to be in a space that feels like your own because you spend a whole lot of time there!



MAKE YOUR OWN WALL ART
My room just didn't feel finished until I'd put some frames and photos on the walls. I'm always lusting after gorgeous wall art online and in home departments but not being able to afford them I decided to make my own. I scoured Pinterest (literally a dream for interiors...) for inspiration, found a quote I liked, chose a font and stuck it in a frame - simple!

FAKE FLOWERS
There's not much I can say about these apart from that they're super cheap, instantly brighten up a space and you can combine any colours and flowers you like. I bought them in bunches then separated and arranged them in different jars and vases I had lying around.

Love From Lisa Updating your room on a budget
Love From Lisa Updating your room on a budget
Love From Lisa Updating your room on a budget
IT'S ALL IN THE ACCESSORIES
It's true! I love shopping for home accessories because they really can make a space. I always found that cute accessories were important for personalising my uni rooms. All of my cushions are from Primark at around £3 each - you can't go wrong! Bargain shops are also unlikely places to find gorgeous bedroom pieces.

FEATURE WALL
Doesn't everyone love a good feature wall? Not only do they look great though, they're also very cost effective as wallpaper can be pretty expensive! If you've got a little alcove or corner in your room like mine, patterned wallpaper is perfect for making a feature of it.

Have you got any tips for decorating on a budget?

Lisa
x


Bloglovin'InstagramPinterestTwitterEtsyGoogle +HTML Map

11 comments :

  1. Your room looks amazing! I love looking at interiors on pinterest.
    Sam xx
    Knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stunning :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cushions they are so pretty I like to scour h&m, primark and wilko for accessories like that, and will look into investing in some decent fake flowers as sometimes they look pretty poo haha xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks lovely, amazing wallpaper! Great tips for redecorating on a budget- I especially love your cushions, I can't believe they were from primark!!
    Emily xx
    Emily May Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the wallpaper and Primark do the most amazing home wear as do H&M! As for flowers I'm for faux all the way :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to get some quotes printed and put them up on the wall! They're so simple but look so good, plus they mean something too xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little stores like Home and Bargain and B&M have some really cute homeware! You'd be surprised.

    Rachael xo
    Girl Behind The Blue Door

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips and such a lovely interior!
    I like to get little items from charity shops to brighten up my bedroom, they usually only cost a pound or two so I'd suggest looking there :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous room and great tips! I'm always on the hunt for little trinkets from charity shops and flea markets, you'll always be getting one of a kind and a bargain :) x

    http://everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is lovely! I always finding printings from Pinterest, or taking out magazine pages! TK Maxx also has some amazing bargains!

    www.laurieelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely post!! I love anything homely, and I'm always wanted to make improvements on my bedroom. Some lovely things here, and love the pictures x

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...