16/09/2014

DIY: LACE COLLAR

Love From Lisa DIY: Lace Collar
Love From Lisa DIY: Lace Collar
I say this is a DIY but there's not much to it really. As someone very into fashion it's easy to get carried away with buying and wanting new things, but it's also easy to update your own wardrobe if you know how. 'Upcycling' is huge in both fashion and furnishings right now and as well as being environmentally-friendly, it can save you a lot of money too.

One of my favourite autumn looks at the moment is a soft knit with a lace collar peeking out. Obviously you can buy these but as I already had a top with a plain collar I decided to update it myself. You can get strips of lace like this in lots of colours from haberdasheries super cheaply and either by hand or with a sewing machine simply sew it on - there's not much more I can say! It's such a simple thing to do but makes such a difference to the overall look.

You could also try sewing on lace in a contrasting colour, adding buttons or sequins or glue on little studs for different looks.


Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest




3 comments :

  1. This is such a cute DIY, much simpler to do than I'd have thought! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a good idea, I really want to do this as I never find one I completely fall in love with and want to commit to xxx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea !! New follower here from the fbloggers chat tonight :)

    Megan xx
    www.auroradust.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...