31/08/2014

5 TIPS FOR CREATING A WORK WARDROBE

Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
Love From Lisa Tips for Creating a Work Wardrobe
As I'm no longer a student and about to start an internship, over the past few weeks I've slowly been trying to build up a work wardrobe. Doing this post has made me realise I've got quite a few options now when it comes to smarter clothes and the pieces actually work quite well together! If you're about to enter the world of work, shopping for smart outfits can be both expensive and stressful so here are my tips for starting a work wardrobe!

1. DON'T FORGET WHAT YOU ALREADY OWN
Chances are you already own quite a few clothes so don't forget about them when thinking about work outfits! You might have tops that can be smartened up with different trousers and accessories or a great blazer that'd be perfect for work.

2. CHOOSE ITEMS THAT WORK WELL TOGETHER
Creating a kind of capsule wardrobe is a good idea because you'll get more outfits out of your items if they can be interchanged and worn with different things. I chose boots and a jacket in styles that work well with different outfits. As I add to my wardrobe I'll carry on the same kind of style. 

3. SHOP OVER A PERIOD OF TIME
Don't put pressure on yourself to buy an entire work wardrobe in one shopping trip. I've bought these items over a few weeks which made it more enjoyable. Shopping online can also be a good idea - order lots and just return what you don't like. 

4. SET YOURSELF A BUDGET
If you're pretty much starting from scratch it'll probably be expensive. But if you set a reasonable budget and stick to it you (hopefully) won't feel as guilty about buying things! Also if you do shop over a period of time it'll make it more purse-friendly. 

5. REMEMBER ACCESSORIES
Buying staple accessories such as a statement bag or cute fedora hat are easy ways to update different outfits and make it feel like you've got more of a choice. Although I've chosen items that are similar tones I've gone for a pastel shade bag to add colour. 


Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest


7 comments :

  1. I love the way you've done the pictures for this post!
    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great choices, all work really well together :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, the striped peplum looks really cute! Is this currently in Primark?

    I like that at work I can dress casual, but some days I really like to dress up for work - maybe pop a fancy blouse or dress on :)

    Charlee | CharmedCharlee xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picks! I always end up finding really boring things for work so this has given me some pretty inspiration xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the striped peplum and cozy cardigan! they seem so feminine :)

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping over a period of time is a great tip. I always rush to get everything at once but always seem to find better things over a few shopping trips. You have such a nice wardrobe! Good luck with your internship! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post. I always struggle with work wear despite working in admin for 4 years!

    Jegz xo // http://jegz-loves-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...