22/07/2014

Nails of the Week | Fresh White

Love From Lisa Fresh White Nails Barry M
Love From Lisa Fresh White Nails Barry M
Love From Lisa Fresh White Nails Barry M
Barry M Nail Paint in 'Matt White'

I'd let my nails get a bit messy over the weekend - they were chipped and broken and in need of a bit of TLC. So I spent a good while filing, shaping and buffing them and wanted a colour that looked fresh and clean. I've had white before on my nails, but it can be a tricky colour to work with. If it's messy or streaky it looks a thousand times worse than if you'd used any other shade for some reason. 

After giving it a go I think it looks pretty good! The trick is to make it opaque so that there aren't any streaks. I used two thick coats of this Barry M polish and I'm pleased with the results - I think it looks really fresh and summery. The only thing with white is that if it gets smudged it's so much worse because it takes a little while longer to get right! 



Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest


15 comments :

  1. Super schön! Ich liebe weißen Nagellack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how sophisticated white nails look! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're simple yet chic! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, I love how clean they look xx

      Delete
  4. White nail polish can totally be tricky...agreed! I have not yet mastered it, but this one looks awesome!

    yescassiewill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I've had a few messy jobs before but managed to get this one right! xx

      Delete
  5. I've definitely changed my tune about white nails, they look so chic :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, they used to remind me of when people would tip-ex their nails at school! xx

      Delete
  6. You’ve done such a neat job! It’s nice to pamper yourself sometimes. They look lovely and so chic! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, yep definitely sometimes needed! xx

      Delete
  7. I am in awe of your nails right now! White polish is my nemesis, I can never make it look that good! I use this Barry M polish too but mine's starting to run low and get a little gloopy (is that a word?!) Might make a repurchase and try again! ox Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should try again - it's so affordable too! Hope it goes well xx

      Delete
  8. I love a good white set of nails, nothing else works like it! but I agree it take a lot more time to make it look good xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...