11/07/2014

3 Ways to Wear Shorts

Love From Lisa Ways to Wear Shorts
Unless you're on holiday or chilling in the garden, sometimes I think it can be quite difficult to style shorts for different occasions. Broadly speaking, they tend to be more casual than skirts which means that finding a way to wear them formally can be a bit tricky. So I've put together a few ways to style up shorts for different purposes...

Love From Lisa Ways to Wear Shorts
Shorts | Top | Sandals | Necklace
Being both comfortable and casual, shorts are ideal for weekend wear. I've styled this gorgeous New Look pair pretty simply with a plain boxy tee and a statement necklace. I'm actually pretty impressed with my colour matching skills with the necklace and shorts! I also love these sandals - metallics are really on-trend for summer and I think they'd go with so much.

Love From Lisa Ways to Wear Shorts
Shorts | Jacket | Bag | Wedges
Styling shorts for the office can be quite tricky but there are a lot of smart and tailored shorts around at the moment so you needn't think they're off limits for work! Personally I think sticking to plain block colours makes the outfit less casual. Also go for structured, tailored styles to make the overall look more formal. I love this outfit as the tones are still perfect for summer - you don't have to go for darker tones to make a smarter look!


Love From Lisa Ways to Wear Shorts
Shorts | Bandeau Top | Clutch | Wedges
Shorts are great for evening wear in the summer as parties are often more casual than winter ones with barbecues and evening drinks. Going for a laid-back style and dressing it up with the accessories is a perfect way to wear shorts for evening. I think this look is a perfect holiday-evening outfit and would look gorgeous with a tan! The shorts could also be easily styled down for daytime wear too.


What are your favourite ways to style shorts?

Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

3 comments :

  1. Fabulous outfit ideas!! I love the work style you put together, so chic for summer :)
    I usually just wear shorts as a weekend wear but your post has definitely inspired me to try them out for different looks xoxo

    http://sweetheartfashionx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combinations! The weekend one is so cute x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...