14/06/2014

Trend of the Week: Slider Sandals

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7



Probably the biggest footwear trend this summer is sliders (I think they're called this as you literally slide your foot in and out). After searching through many high-street websites looking at these shoes I'm still undecided as to whether I like them or not!

As with many trends this season, they come straight from the 90s - I seem to remember having a red pair with a small wedge and thinking they were SO cool! I think this look is one of those that's supposed to be kind of 'uncool' but made stylish. I'm not a huge fan of the number 3 'jelly' ones, although they'd probably be great on holiday, or the mule-type number 4's - I just have no idea how I'd wear them! The floral Miss Selfridge pair (6) are probably my favourites, I'd team them with denim shorts or skinny jeans for a casual, laid-back look. 

For me, I think I'd have to see what they looked like on my feet - for example I can't decide whether number 1 would look quite stylish on or just a bit ugly! However, a big plus point to these is that they'd be mega comfy! This is why I think they'd be perfect for holidays or for travelling. To give a summer look an on-trend, casual edge these shoes would probably be great, but I'm still kind of undecided!

What do you think of sliders?

Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

12 comments :

  1. They ARE ugly but they're so comfy and instantly update an outfit! They make your legs look slimmer too I think x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they definitely look comfy! I think i'll have to give them a go! x

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, not sure. For me depends on the pair. For example, I'd probably wear number 3, but I wouldn't touch number 2 with a ten foot pole.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it definitely depends on the pair! I'd have to see what they look like on x

      Delete
  3. I’m a bit undecided on sliders too. I like the h&m ones and the floral ones though. They look comfy but maybe not my sort of thing. :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they do look super-comfy so maybe they're perfect for holidays! x

      Delete
  4. love the first pair! wish i suited them

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog - ends soon! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the first pair too - I think they could look quite stylish on! x

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nessa, glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think they're a great summery option! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...