02/06/2014

How-To: 3 No-Tools Nail Art Designs

Love From Lisa How-To No-Tools Nail Art
Love From Lisa How-To No-Tools Nail Art
A lot of the nail designs I do are ridiculously easy and don't require any special nail art tools or pens at all! So I thought I'd share some of my favourite nail designs with you. These are just examples - if you've read my blog for a while you'll know I mix up these designs - sometimes I have just one heart, a single flower or use the designs on an accent nail. Once you've mastered the basics there are so many designs to try!

Love From Lisa How-To No-Tools Nail Art
This is all I use for creating these simple nail designs. Just a small blob of the colour you want to use and an opened out bobby pin. I dip the rounded end of the straight side into the polish and apply to the nail. It does take a bit of practice to know what pressure to use to get the same sized dots, but apart from that that's all there is to it! Depending on how long it takes to do each nail you might need to do a new blob of the nail polish. It tends to dry up quickly in the open air which makes it gloopy and hard to work with! So after every few nails I use a new blob of nail varnish.

Love From Lisa How-To No-Tools Nail Art
This is the most complex. The most important thing to remember is to space the red dots far enough apart to allow for the white petals! Plenty of times I've ended up with squished flowers! The polka dot pattern needs no explanation really! The heart design is created by making V shapes with the end of the bobby pin. This one takes a bit of practice to get them even but once you've put a topcoat on it tends to neaten them up a bit. Remember practice makes perfect!


Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

20 comments :

  1. So cute and simple to do!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I like them because they're so simple! x

      Delete
  2. These designs are so cute :) I always seem to mess up my nail art haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I had to practice to make my hand steady enough to do them! x

      Delete
  3. These nail designs are super cute! <3 xx

    (BTW I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award, which you can see here: http://nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/liebster-award.html)

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, will give it a look! x

      Delete
  4. what a great trick. never thought of using a bobby pin. great post and I love your blog overall :)
    http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/
    Amira xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! What a brilliant idea! :) Loving the little flowers, how have I only just found your blog!
    I love it :) New reader!

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Francesca, glad you like my blog :) x

      Delete
  6. These looks beautiful!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great DIY tip! i use to use my liquid eyeliner to do intricate designs then put a top coat over to seal it. what pretty designs too :)
    Cydney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's a good tip - might give it a go! Thanks :) x

      Delete
  8. These designs are so cute :-)

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! This is exactly how I do my nail art. No tools necessary! x

    http://jadewithenvy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...