31/05/2014

Beauty | The Double Flick


Love From Lisa Beauty Trend - Double Flick Eyeliner
Love From Lisa Beauty Trend - Double Flick Eyeliner
Maybelline - 'The Falsies'
Collection - 'Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner'
Barry M - 'Bold Gold Waterproof Eyeliner' 

I don't tend to mix up my make-up look too much or try new make-up trends like I do with fashion. However, I came across this look in this week's Look  magazine and thought it seemed like something I could have a go at! 

The 'Double Flick' is pretty self-explanatory. It's basically two flicks of eyeliner on the top lid, parallel to each other. Apparently it's set to be a big summer make-up trend with bright summery shades to make sure all eyes are on well, your eyes!

I went with a black liquid eyeliner closest to the lashes and a gold pencil eyeliner by Barry M above it. Initially I did the black line first and then attempted to do the gold line above, but as the tip of the Barry M pencil is quite thick it was difficult to stop it spilling over onto the black line. So instead I did a bold flick of the gold first and finished it off with a thin black line as close to the lashes as I could.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out! I was also impressed by how gold the Barry M  pencil was - it wasn't at all transparent or hard to see as I've found with other metallic eyeliners. I'd definitely wear this make-up look again - it'd be perfect for an evening look too! I'd also like to try this trend with a more subtle second shade like grey or purple for something a bit more casual. 

Have you tried the double flick before?


Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

7 comments :

  1. This looks lovely! :) I can't do one wing liner, let alone two hehe!

    www.emgrace.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the most gorgeous eyes!!!! so jel lol this looks lovely on u xxxxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good - I can't do a winged liner for the life of me haha!

    www.huckleberryfriend.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty! I must give it a go sometime! I am now following! super pretty blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this before (maybe it's not caught on then!) but I do have a gold UD eyeliner lying around that doesn't work for me, but maybe it will look ok when tried in this way.
    amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...