02/04/2014

March Favourites

Love From Lisa Blog March Favourites





Love From Lisa Blog March Favourites
I only have a few items in my favourites this month because I haven't discovered many new products. I've been busy writing my dissertation so I haven't done a lot of shopping and being at uni means I have to save money for more "important" things like food. However I have come across a few little gems that I wanted to share with you...

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 
When I bought Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation a few months ago this primer came free with it. I'd never tried it before and hadn't really heard a lot about it but thought it seemed like a pretty good free gift. This one claims to have 5 benefits in that it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects. I don't always use primers because I'm not sure I can ever tell a difference and I don't like the idea of layering different products if I can't see a benefit. However, this primer is different to ones I've tried before because it seems more like a moisturiser. Firstly it's white rather than beige which makes me think it's better for my skin (probably not true!), and secondly I feel like it really does help my foundation apply better.  Although I probably wouldn't wear it alone because it doesn't have much of an effect by itself, it definitely improves the look and feel of my foundation and it's my favourite primer at the moment!

Seventeen Gel Colour in Long Island 
If you've read my previous post you'll have seen this product on my nails and you'll have read me say that I love this colour and have been looking for one like it for a while! It's such a lovely pretty shade whilst being a nice change from bright spring colours. I'm also really impressed at the quality of the Gel Colour range. Sometimes other Seventeen polishes have a tendency to chip quite easily on me, but I've had this one on for a week now and I only have a few minor chips.

L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution 
This was one of my new purchases this month as I thought I'd see what all the micellar solution fuss was about, and I wasn't disappointed. I did a separate post about this product which you can find here, so I won't talk about it too much. Although most people seem to prefer the Garnier offering, I've really loved using this one. It's very gentle on my skin, leaves my skin feeling really soft and doesn't make my face feel tight. 


Sainsbury's Scented Candle in White Fig & Patchouli 
I've thrown a random one into my favourites this month, but I really have been loving it. The pretty packaging attracted me to this candle first because I thought it'd look perfect in my room. But after smelling it I had to have it because it smells so nice. It's definitely not overpowering or too over-fragranced, but it gives off a subtle yet luxurious scent. At first I didn't want to light it but I'm glad I did because I'm really loving using it, especially for relaxing, pamper evenings.


Have you tried any of these? What did you think?



4 comments :

  1. Love the micellar water too x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found the L'Oreal Micellar Water available in Canada but I haven't purchased it yet as I'm still using up a few makeup removers. It sounds great though and it's nice to find an affordable micellar water. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, I was surprised at how inexpensive it was! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...