16/04/2014

Fashion | Pastels & Acid Wash

Love from Lisa blog fashion - pastels and acid wash jeans
Love from Lisa blog fashion - pastels and acid wash jeans
Love from Lisa blog fashion - pastels and acid wash jeans
Love from Lisa blog fashion - pastels and acid wash jeans


Jeans - New Look
Jacket - Missguided
Top - New Look
Bag - River Island
Necklace - Dorothy Perkins 
Shoes - New Look

I recently bought these acid wash jeans (find them here), and have been kind of struggling with what to wear them with. My style is more 'girly' than 'edgy' so they're quite different to what I'd usually buy. Since I'm loving the HUGE pastel trend that has completely taken over this spring, I thought I'd combine the two.

Acid wash jeans are a great alternative to standard jeans because by teaming them with plain, muted colours they become the focus of the outfit. Although I was initially unsure of how to wear them, I've since decided they go with pretty much everything I own! I love how they add a little bit of an edge to what would otherwise be a really girly look. I love these New Look ones because they're one of the 'supersoft' skinnies which means they're more comfortable than normal jeans, yet they're not baggy as some of the soft denim can be. 

The pastel top is also a recent New Look purchase and I've worn it so much since buying it because it's really easy to wear. This mint shade is a key colour this spring and I really love it - it's a perfect way of introducing the pastel trend without going for pinks and lilacs. I also like how it works with my last-season Missguided blazer - a great way to layer up whilst keeping the spring-style. 

What do you think of the acid wash trend? How would you wear it?



15 comments :

  1. I love the acid wash trend, been wanting a few denim pants and shorts for a while now.
    You look lovely!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'd been loving it for a while before I got these! xx

      Delete
  2. I've always been confused about what to wear acid wash jeans with too so I've always stayed away from them. I think you nailed this look though. I love it!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought they'd be really hard to style! Glad you like it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't seem to get enough of pastels! xx

      Delete
  4. acid wash jeans are a perfect staple piece to anyone's wardrobe!
    these look great, love the pastel details

    anna
    styleskittle / uk fashion blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I'm glad I bought them! xx

      Delete
  5. This outfit is so beautiful. I adore the colours you've chosen. Your blog has such a beautiful layout too x

    I've come over from the #fbloggers chat on twitter :) Following you on Bloglovin. I've got a giveaway going on JustRach if you'd like to take a look x

    justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael, glad you like it :) Will check out your giveaway xx

      Delete
  6. Pastels are the best thing about Spring for me :) Love your blog, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award by the way http://sweettreatsandperfectpleats.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    Hope you don't mind ;)
    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so lovely! xx

      Delete
  7. Love that look so pretty and nice for spring

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...