18/04/2014

Fashion | It's All Yellow...

Love from lisa yellow fashion spring summer 2014


Yellow is THE shade to be wearing this spring/summer. Yes it's a pastel shade but it's still a trend in its own right! Seen on many catwalks at LFW it's a colour that'll see you right through summer and into the autumn in accessories and jackets. Right now though, as the weather brightens up, it's the perfect time to bring this sunshine shade into your wardrobe.

On paper the idea of wearing yellow can be quite daunting, however we're talking pretty lemon and sherbet tones rather than bright mustards. These are some of my favourites picks from the highstreet at the moment - to me they just scream springtime! One of my absolute favourites is the ankle-strap heels (6). They're a bit expensive at £55 but I couldn't resist putting them in. They'd be such a staple and would modernise an old outfit instantly. I also think they'd look so amazing with a tan - definitely a perfect holiday shoe.

If you don't feel brave enough for head-to-toe yellow, accessories or nail varnish are also a great way to do this trend. Nails often get overlooked but they're also amazing for showcasing the latest trends. This Nails Inc polish in Carnaby Street is firmly on my wishlist! I also love the Dorothy Perkins purse. It's difficult to tell how big it is but it'd be a great clutch for a spring wedding.

Midi skirts are a great option for spring when there's still a chill in the air, and this New Look one is gorgeous. Teamed with a crisp white vest and some statement wedges, this would be such a perfect choice for evening drinks in the summer.

Will you be wearing yellow this season? 

Follow: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

8 comments :

  1. I love this yellow shade - it's so spring like and easier to wear than bright yellow :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right the shoes would pick up any outfit- they're just stunning. I love Number 2. I have wanted something yellow for agesss but I don't know if I could pull it off as I'm soo pale!! xx

    julzobsessions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have suddenly become obsessed with yellow, I have just brought a yellow clutch, I want yellow nails, skirt, cami...everything. I have just put myself on a spending ban for two months tho :-( but I will treat myself afterwards. Those yellow heels are amazing, and that nails inc colour. Great post. KB xx
    www.beautybykaris.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had my eye on that New Look skirt! Such a great post!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being ginger means yellow is a no go for me but this post is making me so sad I can't wear it!

    Jegz xo http://jegz-loves-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the skirt and that polish! x

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need more yellow pieces in my life! The shoes and the skirt are definitely my favourites :)

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life / Bloglovin' xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...