22/04/2014

Beauty | Spring Make-Up Staples

Love From Lisa Blog Spring Make Up
Love From Lisa Blog Spring Make Up
Love From Lisa Blog Spring Make Up
Love From Lisa Blog Spring Make Up
Now that the Easter weekend has been and gone, it feels like we're definitely into spring! Finally the sun is shining and the days are getting longer and longer. I don't drastically change my make up throughout the year, but I like to alter little things to fit in with the seasons. So I thought I'd share some of my staple make-up products at the moment that are seeing me into spring...

Flawless, simple make-up is always one of the big spring beauty trends, and a bright complexion with simple make-up is my signature look for spring. I like to keep it natural, so a good foundation is a must-have. At the moment I'm loving Rimmel Match Perfection as it provides a nice medium coverage without being heavy or cakey. It's also not ultra-shimmery which makes it perfect for creating a lovely natural base. For adding that spring flushed look I've been loving my Sleek Face Form. It's taken me a while to get to grips with this product, but it's now one of my faves! The shades are really pigmented so you can build up the colour to achieve your desired look. I don't tend to use the highlighter so much, but the blush is such a pretty spring colour and the bronzer is great for contouring as it contains no shimmer.

I love natural eyeshadows for spring so I picked up this Collection Work The Colour Palette in purple recently. I love the mix of matte and shimmer shades and can tell I'm going to be reaching for this most mornings! It contains 8 colours along with a highlighter which means you can create a range of different pretty spring looks. Although I like natural, muted colours on my eyes, it's still important to create definition which I do with this Seventeen High Drama Liquid Eyeliner. A small cat-flick along with pretty, nude eyeshadow colours is such a gorgeous eye make-up look for spring.

I don't wear lipstick on a day-to-day basis but I do tend to use lip-stains. This Seventeen Lip-Crayon is more like a lipstick but it's not as pigmented as it looks, so can be used to create a more natural look. Orange lips are really on-trend this spring, but if a lipstick is too OTT, lip-crayons are a great alternative way to make a statement.

Finally, they don't technically count as make-up, but I do switch up my nail colours between seasons too! There are so many pretty, gorgeous shades around at the moment be it neon brights or muted pastels. Barry M and Seventeen are my favourite brands for nail varnishes as they offer a wide range of colours whilst being super affordable!

What are your spring make-up staples?


5 comments :

  1. Love your spring staples ! the barry m pastel purple looks amazing :)
    following via gfc could you follow back lovely ?
    The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Barry M nail polishes, such great quality for such a cheap price!
    My Spring essentials are Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser or a very low-coverage foundation (currently using Chanel's new Perfection Lumiere Velvet and I'm loving it). Also love bright pink or orange lips, and neutral eyes

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that 17 Lip Crayon and I am also a huge fan of the Sleek Face Form Palette. Brill post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog! Absolutely adore it! Keep up the good work!

    Juliana | julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...