12/03/2014

Spring Trend SS14 | Kimonos

Kimono Trend SS14
Links L-R: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

One of the key items for this season is the kimono cover-up. Whether it's fringed, full-length or cropped, it definitely seems to be a must-have this spring/summer. These are some of my favourites on the high-street right now. Initially I wasn't too excited by this trend - I'd only really thought of kimonos as beach cover-ups. However there are so many different ways to wear to suit anyone! Below are some ways I think you could style this trend to work for everyday...

Boho Fashion Kimono Trend
Top | Shorts | Headband | Bracelets | Sandals 

I love this look because it's so summery - it's perfect for festivals, BBQs and afternoon drinks. It makes me really excited for the weather to be warmer because I think summer clothes are way more exciting than winter ones. This kimono is my favourite of all of them, so I've paired it with a plainer outfit and a floral garland for a boho vibe.

Edgy Fashion Kimono Trend
Dress | Necklace | Sunglasses | Boots 
I think this look is a good one for spring because it's not too floral or bright. I love the acid denim with the black kimono and it's a good way of working the kimono trend without being too hippie! I also really like the round glasses and Missguided necklace. 

Girly Fashion Kimono Trend
Dress | Hat | Bag | Sandals 





















Finally a more grown up, girly look. These pastel shades are so perfect for spring/summer '14 and look great with the tasselled kimono. This is a great way to smarten up the kimono look, you could also pair it with some heels or wedges for a dinner out.


What do you think of these looks? Do you like the kimono trend?


6 comments :

  1. I really want a kimono, i really like number 2

    Jorden x

    http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Lovely post- I really do like Kimono tops- great for the warmer seasons and they can really make a simple outfit look chic :)

    Sheen
    http://goldenandsheen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know, so easy to make a great outfit xx

      Delete
  3. I love kimonos! I just got a light pink one from Ms Selfridge and I can't stop wearing it X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, so easy to wear xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...