08/03/2014

Recent Purchases | Boots Seventeen

Boots Seventeen Make Up
























Boots Seventeen Make Up




Boots Seventeen Make Up
Boots Seventeen Make Up
Boots Seventeen is definitely one of my go-to high street make-up brands. Looking at all the make-up I own, Seventeen makes up a pretty significant chunk of it. The products in the photo are those that I've bought in the last few months although I do have other Seventeen items. I think it's such a great brand for those on a budget because the products are both affordable and are of a good quality.

My favourites at the moment are the Miracle Matte Pressed Powder and the Gel Colours. The powder is a recent purchase but it's quickly become my everyday powder because it gives a silky matte finish without looking too dry. I'm also loving the colour range of their nail varnishes, I picked these two up because they're so perfect for spring! I'm sometimes a bit disappointed by the quality of Seventeen nail varnishes, they tend to chip very quickly on me. I haven't been able to test the staying power of these ones yet because every time I've used them so far I've had Sally Hansen Nail Shields on at the same time. I did a nail post which you can find here where I'm wearing the green shade: Mint Bon Bon.

One product that I'm not sure about is the Flawless Poreless Primer. Personally, it's one of those products that I can't really tell a difference between when I'm wearing it and when I'm not. I've only been using it for about a month (and not everyday) and already the bottom of the pan is peeking through. It does make my skin smoother before I put foundation on but as for flawless or poreless? I'm not convinced.

The lipstick and mascara were some of my sale purchases just after Christmas. The lipstick is part of the Lasting Fix range, but I'm not sure how much I'll be wearing it now as it's quite an autumnal colour. However I've really been loving the Photo Flawless Mascara as an everyday favourite. If you follow my blog you might also be aware of how much I like the Brow Kit that I got for Christmas. I think I've used it everyday since then and I did a more detailed review of it here.


What brands have you been purchasing from lately? What do you think of Seventeen?

6 comments :

  1. I think Seventeen has improved so much recently - I do remember my early teenage years when it was a big tacky! I love their nail polishes, and I'm intrigued by their pop-up blushes (although not taken hugely by any of the shades on my skintone!).

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're products are a lot better now! Haven't tried their pop-up blushes, let me know if you try! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really like it, although I do wanna try the Benefit Gimme Brow! xx

      Delete
  3. I think the only thing I own from Seventeen is some bronzer which I'm still testing out at the moment, but after reading your review on the eyebrow kit I am so tempted to give it a go. The nail polishes look amazing too - goodby spending ban!

    Steph x
    Lay It Bare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah see what you think, they're affordable so you won't feel too guilty! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...