24/03/2014

Nails Of The Week | Nails Inc Gel Effect Polish


I managed to win #ManicureMonday on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, and the prize is a bag of goodies courtesy of Nails Inc. One of the products I received was this Gel Effect Polish in the colour Kensington Passage. As soon as I saw the colour I thought how perfect it was for spring and summer! I hadn't tried the Nails Inc Gel polishes before, so I was eager to give it a go.

The idea behind the gel effect nail varnishes is that they mimic the effects of gel nails without the need for UV lights. They supposedly last longer without chipping and are thicker than standard polishes which helps protect the nail underneath.

I've only put on one coat of this nail varnish and, as the pictures show, that's all you really need. Because it's a gel polish it's a bit thicker than normal which makes it more opaque. It also glides on really smoothly and is a pleasure to apply! It dries pretty quickly too which is an added bonus.

It dries very smooth with no bubbling or rippling considering it's a thicker polish. The bottle says it has a 'plumping effect' which means it will feel thicker than a normal nail varnish. Because of this it seems like it'll be less likely to chip. Overall I'm so happy with this product and really want to get my hands on some other colours!


Have you tried any gel effect nail varnishes?


16 comments :

  1. Lovely colour, it looks quite similar to Butter London Trout Pout :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'll have to check that out x

      Delete
  2. I love this colour! It gives such a nice finish. I like the added heart too! xx

    Mapped Out | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know, lovely colour isn't it x

      Delete
  3. OMG! This color is so lovely. I've been looking for a color like this. Great post! And you have flawless blog photography. Have a lovely day!

    ♥ Cay from Beauty's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so pretty isn't it :) Aw thank you, glad you like it x

      Delete
  4. I love the look of this colour! I've always wanted to try a nails inc polish, Think i'm going to have to try and pick this one up soon!

    www.bekylou.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should try it out, it's such a lovely colour x

      Delete
  5. Ooo they look great, love the little heart detail and cute rings x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win! This gel polish is really cute and thick. Nail Inc. has great nail polishes, like the leather effect one.

    Jasmine xx
    Get a $100 gift card for SaleServant
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah I really like it :) x

      Delete
  7. This is a gorgeous shade! I really like your rings as well, especially the triangle one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're from H&M :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...