23/02/2014

The Sunday Post #1

Real Hot Chocolate

Sunday night is definitely hot chocolate night. And I'm not just talking instant hot chocolate powder, I'm talking about the real thing! I love getting cosy on Sunday evenings and watching tv with a delicious mug of hot chocolate. This is how I do it...

Warm some milk in a pan until it's hot (but don't let it boil) and stir in some grated or finely chopped chocolate. I think you're supposed to use dark chocolate but I always find it really bitter so I like to use milk chocolate. Let it all melt in together and enjoy the amazing smell! Stir in a couple of teaspoons of hot chocolate powder or malted drink. To make it even more special add a flavouring like caramel sauce, cinnamon, orange zest etc etc. Pour it into your favourite mug and top with fluffy marshmallows!

Real Hot Chocolate

Happy Sunday! 

8 comments :

  1. This looks so good! I love doing this, I always use milk chocolate too, I've got such a sweet tooth! Have you tried Monin's caramel syrup? It's amazing in hot chocolate!

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no I haven't tried that, sounds delicious though! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh this looks amazing- think I'm going to have to make myself a hot choc now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Haha I hope you did xx

      Delete
  3. ahh I want hot chocolate now!! Sounds so much yummier than instant hot choc :)
    L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely so much nicer :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...