17/02/2014

Nails Of The Week: Spring Flowers


Pastel Spring Flower Nail Art

My pastel flower nails are inspired by spring time this week, although the weather is telling me something different! I forgot to take a picture of the nail varnishes I used for these and I'm not at home to take some now! The green is the same shade I used in this post here and the white and pale pink are from an O.P.I. mini set.

As you can see the flowers are actually just made up of polka dots. I didn't have a nail art pen to hand so I opened out a kirby grip and dipped the end in a blob of the nail varnish to create the dots. This is a great tip I learnt from my sister if you don't own any nail pens! I did the green centre dots first making sure they were spaced out enough to leave room for the petals.

I finished them off with a glossy topcoat to make them shiny and to hopefully prevent any chips!

7 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so pretty! :)

      xoxo Cay

      www.beautysblessings.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks :) glad you like xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute nail design, and perfect for spring! I have done a similar nail design in the past creating flowers from dots and I think they are so pretty to wear!

    Bella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's such an easy way to make your nails look great! xx

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty, I'm loving pastel nails lately! Can't wait to try this on my nails :)

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you do, I'd love to see :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...