01/02/2014

January Beauty Favourites


I've never done a favourites post before, but January seems to be a good month to start so here goes!



I got the Seventeen Brow's That! brows kit for Christmas after getting really jealous that my sister had it and it's become a product that I use every single day. I'm planning to do a full review of it, so I won't say too much but it's pretty much perfect for creating the brow look that I'm after!

Another Seventeen product in my favourites is the Photo Flawless Lashes mascara that I got in the sales at the beginning of January which featured in this post here. I wasn't expecting it to be anything amazing, especially as I purchased it for a mere £1 but I actually really really like it! It has a curved applicator which gives eyelashes a great curl, and also has a really subtle hint of pearlescent blue which you can only see when it catches the light but it looks really pretty.

My classic Nivea Creme also features in my favourites this month. I've been using this moisturiser for ages and ages but I've been especially loving it this January because it's really thick and great for hydrating my skin in the colder months. I find it a bit heavy for a daytime moisturiser but it's perfect for putting on just before I go to bed and means I wake up with lovely hydrated skin.


I'd been looking for a face wash with an exfoliator that was gentle enough for everyday and came across Johnsons's Daily Essentials Gentle Exfoliating Wash which fits the bill perfectly. It lathers up nicely and has really fine exfoliating beads inside which are great because whilst you can feel it doing something to your skin, it's not too harsh and doesn't leave your face looking and feeling red raw! I also really like the smell - it's not fragranced but just smells really clean.

Finally my favourite find of January is the Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask. I also want to do a review of this product so won't ramble on too much, but basically it smells AMAZING, dries really quickly, and really leaves you feeling like you've had a mini facial. I use this once a week and it's a real treat when I do!

I hope you enjoyed my favourites as much as I enjoyed doing the post. Let me know your thoughts and link me to your January Favourites posts!

8 comments :

  1. Oooh the brow palette looks nice! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the brow palette for christmas, too! :) It's lovely, just the right amount of shades and products to make something for an everyday look! x

    flawedfairytale fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, it's nice and subtle xx

      Delete
  3. I've just discovered the five minute facial mask and I'm obsessed with it, it makes my skin look so nice! x

    Jordan
    twohundredorless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it - I want to use it all the time! xx

      Delete
  4. I love having full, dark brows, might have a look that brow palette!

    PS: I nominated you for the Liebster Award, let me know if you take part! http://glitterandcookiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Alex xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely have a look! Thank you very much will let you know when I do :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...