28/01/2014

SS14 Trend: Pretty Pastels

LinksNew Look Top | Dorothy Perkins Satchel | River Island Jumper | River Island Dress | H&M Jacket | New Look Jeans | Accessorize Scarf | Topshop Hat | H&M Boots | Dorothy Perkins Top 






Like a lot of people at this time of year I have little money for new clothes etc, so I was finding it difficult to think of new ideas for my blog. So instead I decided to do some little outfit inspiration posts for the new key trends for Spring/Summer 2014.

Pastels were seen all over the catwalks at fashion week, such as Burberry, as key colours for Spring/ Summer with muted tones and soft materials. I love this look for spring - it's a welcome change from the darker and heavier looks of winter and is also a great and easy way to update your wardrobe for the coming season.

Burberry Catwalk, SS14 
Simple things like swapping your winter coat for this light coloured jacket from H&M or investing in the gorgeous satchel from Dorothy Perkins are a great way to brighten up your day to day look. A floral scarf like this one from Accessorize is also an ideal way of introducing this spring trend into your wardrobe without breaking the bank!

I always think it's crazy how early the shops bring out the summer items because it's just too cold right now! However, I think this trend is really easy to incorporate now even though it's still January with chunky pastel jumpers which are in all the high street stores at the moment or with some lighter jeans. At the same time, these pieces are definitely investments because this trend is here to stay all the way through to the summer, so dresses such as this polka dot one are perfect for staying one step ahead.

I've included a few beige/brown items such as the hat and the boots because I think this trend could be a bit sickly looking if you were to do head-to-toe pastel, and also remembering it is still January so going all out with the spring colours might be a bit premature. I think these colours complement the pastels perfectly and are ideal for incorporating a catwalk look into your everyday, casual style.

What are your thoughts on the pastel trend for 2014?

10 comments :

  1. Beautiful satchel - I can't wait for Spring so I can wear lighter, brighter colors :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so nice isn't it - can't wait for Spring too! xx

      Delete
  2. I love pastels so much!!i cannot wait to see lots more gorgeous pastel items of clothing in the shops!love that scarf u have picked out & the cami!:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - so excited for spring styles to come out! Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. love your blog! following you!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loove the pastel trend, there's been so much pink around it's nice to see blue more! all those items are so pretttyyy
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to start wearing more pretty things as spring comes around :) xx

      Delete
  5. I cant wait for Spring! Love the dress :) xxx lollyhugz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...